What to Bring!
Here are some bare essentials. Remember that every box or suitcase you bring should be clearly labeled with your name, dorm, and room number. Your room comes furnished with a closet, bed, dresser, desk, and chair for each student in the room.
Here are some additional supplies that Bethel students have found helpful in their first year here!
- Bed sheets (extra long twin, 80 inches)
- Mattress pad
- Decorative pillows
- Shower caddy
- Shower flip flops
- Bathroom supplies
- Surge protected power strip
- Lamp (no halogen bulbs!)
- Personal computer and printer (if desired)
- Ethernet cord
- Desk supplies
- Pictures of friends and family
- Laundry bag
- Laundry basket
- HE (High Efficiency) laundry detergent
- Tide To-Go Stick (It's a must!)
- Sewing kit and safety pins
Around your room
- Dorm refrigerator (no larger than 4.3 cu. ft.) No upright or chest freezers allowed.
- Coffee maker
- Alarm clock/radio
- Storage stackables
- Area rug
- Decorative curtain for closet
- Comfortable chair
- Extension cords (three prong, grounded)
- Light bulbs
- Plastic storage units
- Closet organizers
- Sports equipment
- Posters, plastic framed art, etc.
- Removable or over the door hooks
- Scotch's BLUE painters tape or pins for hanging items on wall
- Movies/DVDs, CDs, etc.
- Fan (clip or floor window style)
- Disposable silverware, plates/bowls, and cups
- Coffee mug (thermal)
- Water bottle
- Seasonal decorations
- Playing cards/games
- First aid/medication supplies