The Department of Education at Bethel prepares well-rounded graduates equipped with superior skills and knowledge in how children and young people learn. They’re also grounded in instructional theory, teaching strategies, and content knowledge—all combined with Christ-centered values.
If this is the kind of teacher you want to become, welcome to the education program at Bethel. In this major, you’ll have a broad scope of education licensure options, across all grade levels (pre-school through high school). You’ll be prepared in foundational knowledge—how to teach—and also in the specialized knowledge of a chosen specialty, such as early child development, math, music, social studies, science, business, or a number of other options.
This combination, offered in our supportive Christian community, will make you a marketable teacher in a competitive profession. Our professors are dedicated to serve as mentors, preparing educators for service in schools who are caring, competent, and qualified.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the context of educational theory and content knowledge
- Understand and facilitate student learning and development
- Engage in reflective practice
- Establish collaborative relationships
- Demonstrate a Christian worldview characterized by integrity and compassion